Relief Money in Response to the Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016
Following the Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016, the Government of Japan decided to accept relief money from foreign governments, foreign individuals, companies and Japanese residents abroad, in the following manner:
1. Information regarding Account of the Embassy of Japan for Relief Money(1) The Embassy of Japan in Australia has opened the following account to accept relief money.
- The relief money received by the Embassy of Japan will be sent to the account of the Government of Japan later.
- If you wish to send your “Gien-kin” (funds send to affected local governments and municipalities, which are then given to affected people) to the Japanese Red Cross Society, please contact the Embassy before 30th of June as this account will be closed after this date.
Account Name: Embassy of Japan, Donation for Kumamoto Earthquake
Name of Bank : ANZ
Name of Branch : Canberra City
BSB : 012950
Account Number: 222594203
(2) If you wish to obtain a receipt, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following:
1. Subject: Request for Receipt
2. Your name
3. The amount of the relief money
4. The date when the relief money was donated
5. The name of the bank from which the relief money was transferred
*Receipt issued by the Embassy of Japan is not tax deductible as the embassy is not a registered charitable organisation.
2 Japanese Red Cross Society Account“Kyuen-kin” (funds used by the Japanese Red Cross Society to perform relief and rescue operations) donation account of the Japanese Red Cross Society was closed on 15th of June.
3. Relief Money Acceptance Account by Local Governments of the Affected AreaLocal governments of the affected area have also opened accounts to accept donations. Please check websites of each local governments for more information. If you wish to see the information of the account opened by Kumamoto Prefecture, which is one of the most severely affected areas, please check the following website.
○ Call for 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake Donations