Residence Team Member
The Embassy of Japan is seeking a mature, responsible person to work at the Ambassador’s residence.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and upkeep of private quarters
- Preparation and upkeep of official Kitchen
- Duties associated with official functions
- Liaising with appropriate sections of the Embassy
- Answering phones
Requirements for this position include:
- Must have citizenship, permanent residency or a similar visa to work in Australia
- Integrity including honesty and high ethical standards
- Good communication skills including the ability to listen carefully and ask the right questions to gain clarification
- Reliability including good time-keeping
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet performance standards without supervision
- Adaptability to Japanese cultural ways
- Demonstrated capacity to promote Embassy work ethics and work effectively in a team environment
- Well presented
- Physical stamina and mobility with ability to lift required loads (to OH &S requirements)
- Extended working hours
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in domestic/kitchen duties and hospitality
- Planning and organising function in conjunction with other team members
- Knowledge of cleaning products, techniques and methods
- Knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials
- Hand & machine sewing an advantage
- Ikebana or flower arrangement skill an advantage
*The Embassy of Japan, as an organisation of the Japanese government, will not employ those who simultaneously hold both Japanese citizenship and the citizenship of another country/other countries. If this applies to the successful candidate, they will be required to take the necessary steps to change their citizenship status to reflect this.
For further information regarding the position, please contact the Administrative Section on email@example.com. Due to the high number of candidates, only successful applicants will be contacted to.
Applications should be submitted through seek.com by close of business 20 April 2020.