CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Residence Team Member
The Embassy of Japan is seeking a mature, responsible person to work at the Ambassador’s residence.
1 Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and upkeep of private quarters (housekeeping)
- Preparation and upkeep of official Kitchen (assisting Chef)
- Duties associated with official functions (including setting up, serving food and drinks etc.)
- Liaising with appropriate sections of the Embassy.
- Answering phones and emails
- Must have citizenship, permanent residency or a similar visa to work in Australia
- Integrity including honesty and high ethical standards
- Good communication skills including the ability to listen carefully and ask right questions to gain clarification
- Reliability including good time-keeping
- Attention to detail
- The ability to meet performance standards without supervision
- Adaptability to Japanese cultural ways
- Demonstrated capacity to promote Embassy work ethics, and work effectively in a team environment
- Well presented
- Physical stamina and mobility with ability to lift required loads (to OH&S requirements)
- Occasional extended working hours
- Experience in domestic/kitchen duties and hospitality
- Planning and organising function in conjunction with other team members
- Knowledge of cleaning products, techniques and methods
- Ironing skills
- The Embassy of Japan, as an organisation of the Japanese Government, will not employ those who simultaneously hold both Japanese citizenship and the citizenship of another country/other countries. If this applies to the successful candidate, they will be required to take the necessary steps to change their citizenship status to reflect this.
- For further information regarding the position, please contact the Administrative Section on firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high number of candidates, only successful applicants will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted through seek.com by close of business 3 January 2023.