CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Research/Administrative Assistant to the Economic Section
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor Australian media coverage of economic issues from the perspective of the Japan-Australia bilateral relationship and report to diplomats
- Monitor Australian government and industry media releases and report relevant information to diplomats
- Advise Economic Section on issues relevant to the bilateral relationships and Australian economy
- Undertake a broad range of administrative/management support tasks
- Attend to various phone/email enquiries with a particular focus on business, medicine, vaccinations, quarantine and custom enquiries
- Provide support to Japanese delegations visiting Australia
- Provide administrative and logistical support for Embassy events
- Undertake various research projects as requested by diplomats
- Assist other Economic Section staff as required
Requirements for this position include:
- Must have citizenship, permanent residency or a similar visa to work in Australia
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Superior research skills
- Comprehensive IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good knowledge of Australian economic and social issues and reasonable analytical skills in economics
- Highly organised, motivated and flexible approach to assigned duties
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to promote Embassy work ethics
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and promote a friendly, safe working environment for all staff
- Willingness to take on new tasks and challenges where required
It would also be advantageous if the applicant has:
- Experience researching Australian government policy or industry trends
- Experience working in a Japanese office environment and familiarity with Japanese language and culture
- Experience in event management
This position is full-time commencing in July 2022 at the earliest (due to administrative requirements).
Salary is commensurate with experience.
*The Embassy of Japan, as an organisation of the Japanese government, will not employ those who simultaneously hold both Japanese citizenship and the citizenship of another country/other countries. If this applies to the successful candidate, they will be required to take the necessary steps to change their citizenship status to reflect this.
Applications should be submitted through seek.com (link below) by close of business 21st June 2022.
For further information regarding this position, please contact the Economic Section on firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high number of applications expected, only those shortlisted will be contacted.